POLICY STATEMENT ON HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
It is the policy of MORPOL to conduct its business in a manner that is compatible and well balanced between a responsible HSE standard and the economical needs of an international Company.
Individual motivation for a sound performance in a workmanlike manner with a close liaison between Quality and HSE is the second stage in implementing HSE. This is feasible by using an effective recruitment process and selecting subcontractors based on their performance in relation to HSE standards.
MORPOL does not hesitate to demonstrate its concern for HSE and considers compelling the labour force to adhere to the policy at all times.
Our policy addresses the Health, Safety and Environmental risks to our operations and the potential impact on our host communities and staff; with strong management commitment at the highest level. This policy reflects good working practices and shall be made mandatory.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL OBJECTIVES AND TARGETS
Pursuant to the Policy Statement above, MORPOL has developed a Safe Work Procedures program that addresses each work activity within the scope of operation of our organization with the following objectives, identified in order to create a positive culture to the health and safety of workers and protection of equipment and the environment. MORPOL's HSE objectives are but not limited to the followings:
- To avoid all personal injuries.Target Zero Loss Time Injury and Zero Fatality'
- To ensure that all personnel employed are competent to carry out their designated tasks safely.
- To create positive health and safety and environment attitudes and perceptions at all levels and to raise health safety and environmental awareness in general.
- To develop and implement a training programme that supports the achievement of personnel competency in relation to Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- To carryout all activities without incurring any significant property damage to equipment and other facilities.
- To conduct and carryout activities with minimum avoidable impact upon the surrounding environment.
- To implement a hierarchy of communication forum that ensures that HSE concerns can be raised and addressed at all levels of the organization.
- To introduce a method of motivating good safety and environmental performance, this shall include the use of commendation, as well as correction and techniques.
- To continually monitor and improve HSE performance.
- No compromise to quality and safety in all our activities.
- No room for contractor, subcontractor or contractor's employees and subcontractor's employees to compromise safety within their work environment.
Managing HSE issues is an essential component of our business strategy, MORPOL Management have taken a proactive approach in creating a safe working environment for all employees and will continue to strive in providing and maintaining good safe working conditions, require safe working practices, and comply both domestically and internationally with applicable Federal, State and Local health and safety laws, regulations and standards.
Our Management is also committed to continually promote safety education (HSE Training), to assign and monitor responsibilities for all aspects of the HSE programs, and to review same routinely.